Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New song: Know the difference

"Know the difference" by Timothy Chen Allen
I'd like to think that I'm wrong
What I see in your eye
I don't really see
And this isn't goodbye
I did nothing wrong
And the glass didn't break
I won't go home alone
And my heart won't ache

But I'm old enough to know
Sometimes these things don't work
Ain't nobody's fault
No one's got to feel hurt
Start again next week
Sometimes we lose and we win
I think I know the difference

You think today's not the day
You've worked a real long time
Chasing demons away
You know the voices inside
Saying give him a chance
Sometimes those voices are fools
You're old enough to know
Don't want to break your own rules

But you're old enough to know
Sometimes life takes a chance
It isn't all win or lose
Sometimes it asks you to dance
Life don't start next week
This time it's holding your hand
You think you know the difference

I'd like to think that I'm wrong
That I'm not the right man
What I see in your eye
But now you're holding my hand
We don't have enough time
To make mistakes again
You could just drop my hand
I could just be your friend

But I've got a lot of friends
And they laugh at my jokes
But sometimes nights feel dark
And my hands feel cold
I don't need another friend
I need something more
I think you know the difference

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.