Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New Song: Leaning Forward

Inspired by The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act
(you can listen to this song in the player on the upper right hand side of this page)


I can't meet you more than halfway there
I can only meet you halfway there
When I tried to do it on my own
I found I was alone

I can't do much more than hold your hand
While you're standing up I'll hold your hand
I tried leaning forward times before
And wound up face down on the floor

I know you expected Superman
Bur I'm already doing all I can
But if you want a guy to take you home
I won't leave you alone
We're almost halfway home
We're almost halfway home

I actually recorded two versions of this.  The first one had three vocal parts, rhythm guitar, and slide guitar.  I finished recording it and while it was converting to MP3, I started strumming and singing the melody... and realized it was a lot better without all of that junk on top of it.  One day I *will* write one with a slide guitar part, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.