Saturday, November 1, 2008

National Novel Writing Month starts today - Killer leg cramp


I got up this morning knowing that something was happening-- daylight savings time? nope, that's tomorrow.  Payday?  yep, but that's not really as special as it should be.  Then it hit me-- the first day of November-- National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) has started!  Arg!


I haven't thought about a story-- on the other hand, that's not necessary or even desireable.  But what I am freaking out about is the time commitments I'm on: I'm a member of two book clubs who meet this month, and reading time competes with writing time.  I'm training for the Northern  Central Trail Marathon on the 29th, and running time competes with writing time.  And I'm a FEMA Branch Chief and working time definitely competes with writing time.

What the hell, I'm still going to do it.  Just have to write 1,667 words today.  That's easy.

Last night I woke up with a huge cramp in my left calf muscle.  I felt like someone was ripping my calf muscle off.  It's my own damn fault.  I went into the gym yesterday and lifted like crazy.  I changed my routine to emphasize endurance more, so I'm doing 3 sets of 20 reps of everything.  That last set is pretty awful.  Hopefully this will get a little easier over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.