Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Gone To Texas

FEMA is sending me to Austin for a couple of weeks to work on the recovery effort for Hurricane Ike.  I ended up leaving earlier than I thought-- my 6am flight had me out of bed at 3:30.  We stayed up and watched the returns last night-- looks like I have a new boss-- so I got about two hours of sleep.

I feel surprisingly fresh.

I'm not happy about leaving Sonia and Daniel for two weeks.  But this is part of the job with FEMA, and if this somehow relieves the suffering of someone, I feel good about it.  I'll actually have a little more time to build up my nanowrimo word count and to train for the marathon on the 28th-- I'm expecting 12 hour days, but the other 12 will be fairly obligation free (guess I have to sleep sometime, though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.