Saturday, August 30, 2008

Gustav, Hanna, and the view from FEMA Headquarters

FEMA headquarters is pretty alive today. That's good; I'd hate to think we'd all be taking a three day weekend with Gustav breathing down the Gulf Coast's neck. There is a palpable sensation here that the three year anniversary of Katrina was just yesterday, two potential threats are too close for comfort, and we may have to do our jobs.

Oddly enough, three years ago today, Sonia, Daniel, and I were in Lafayette with Beau, Elena, and Luis (see http://timothychenallen.blogspot.com/2005/10/how-we-evacuated-from-hurricane-katrina.html). Right now, the forecast has Gustav rolling right into Lafayette.

Just to get my mind off of things, I went out for a 70 minute run this morning. You know, I really hope nothing happens. But the chances of that are really getting very slim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.