Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gustav: Bush visits HQ/Bee sting on the behind

I'm at FEMA Headquarters. We're all preparing for the long haul, getting in additional personnel, calling people off of their leave, having meetings... There is still hope that this thing could weaken a lot before hitting, but we're trying to be realistic. It could still be really bad, and no one wants to be caught off-guard (again).

In that spirit, the President came to headquarters. I really don't have much to say about that. It certainly was the right thing for him to do.

This morning I went out and did 100 burpees in 14:25. It kicked my butt. About halfway through a bee came and stung me on the behind. I'm not kidding. Actually, it wasn't as bad as I remembered bee stings to be. It's bothering me now, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.