Tuesday, November 13, 2007

NaNoWriMo Day 13: 18,187 words

The last couple of days haven't been as productive as I had hoped-- now that the first week is over, life has crept back in and I'm finding that I have to return to my obligations outside of novel writing. So tonight I played a little catch-up and made up for most of the 5000 words I had fallen behind.

These scenes in my novel are coming from scenes in my own life, intentionally or not. I'm finding that writing about them is making me think about parts of my life that I had pretty well decided not to think about. And I feel really strongly about some of the stuff that I've experienced. I didn't realize that there would be this unexpected side effect. There are many parts of my life that I have distilled down to a caricature of reality because that kind of shorthand is just emotionally easier to deal with. Writing about them forces me to re-consider all aspects as I try to wrest another 300 or 400 words out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.