Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A change in how I blog

No more politics

After talking with some good friends tonight, I've decided for my own good to close off part of my blog. I've written about politics a fair amount on this site. But I've decided that it's not for me any more.

The problem is that politics has the tendency to separate us at times when we most need to pull together. Sometimes, when we're arguing, saying, "as a nation we should go this way", we really need to be looking at each other and saying, "I really like you, and I need you to know that".

Why the change? Someone who I care about very deeply is sick now, not doing very well at all. He and I don't agree politically. But I love him. I don't want to waste another second trying to convince him of anything. He's a grown man and he's entitled to his opinions, and the fact is that compared to how he's feeling, I don't really care about his politics.

That goes for everybody. I'm done trying to convince you of anything. It's not that I don't care anymore. But I'll talk politics as soon as I've gotten around to telling my loved ones just how much I care about them. That might take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.