Monday, February 12, 2007

23:20 - Vine Street / Vurt by Jeff Noon

It's been a while since I wrote up a run, though I've been running pretty regularly. I think I'll be gearing up my running time again, as my yoga practice has come to a standstill.

I listened to an audio recording of Vurt, by Jeff Noon. It has to be the best audio book I've ever heard. It tells the story of a group of Manchester kids who are hooked on Vurt feathers, a drug that lets the user experience virtual reality as a dream (the mechanism is never made really clear, which adds to the intrigue). I picked up this recording in Denver well over ten years ago, and I never get tired of it. It ranks right up there with Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.