Friday, April 7, 2006

Bikram Yoga: Week one

As I mentioned last week, I found a couple of Yoga places here in Center City, Philadelphia (Yoga Classes in Philadelphia). I had done one Bikram Yoga class in New Orleans before we evacuated, and I had been happy with it. The schedule was right. And I'm a little bit of a masochist (really-- I have the T-shirt and everything.)

So I signed up for Bikram Yoga at Bikram Yoga of Philadelphia. I've done four classes in the last week, including a date with Sònia last Friday. She's gotten into it too.

Bikram is hard. I've decided that Bikram is the fisting of Yoga. On Wednesday I did a class after getting only four hours of sleep. My balance was all messed up. I was trying to do this head to knee pose where the goal is to touch your forehead to your toes-- I thought, yeah, right. But I really pushed it, and I actually felt my hair touch my toes! Right then, it was like someone turned on a big switch-- for a moment, I was completely awake. I had complete consciousness. I heard the theme music to "Bonanza". It was cool.

Then I went out of the pose and it was gone. Guess I'll have to go back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.