Saturday, February 18, 2006

No lunchtime Kung Fu in Philadelphia

It's been nasty cold here in Philadelphia, and I've taken a hiatus from running as a result.

I've been looking for a place to learn Kung Fu for the last three weeks. Some advice for Martial Arts instructors in Philadelphia: if you want to get rich, set up a Martial Arts class in Center City, Philadelphia, at lunch hour. There are no Kung Fu, no Aikido, no Karate, and no Tae Kwon Do classes within walking distance of Chinatown in Philadelphia at lunch time. There is one place that teaches Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (http://www.maxercise.com) but have you seen those guys fight? They start by pulling each others' ears off! I still might consider that place, though.

We're also looking for a T'ai Chi Ch'uan (Taijiquan) here in Southern Philadelphia for both Sonia and me, but again, it seems there is a dearth of Tai Chi schools here. Which seems odd, because I thought people were getting more into this sort of thing, but I guess they really are just interested in Yaga and Pilates these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.